guusvansoer on 10/29/2016
TSP Tyranno Multi Power Sponge
I tried 3 short pips rubber for my backhand before i use Tyranno: TSP Super Spinpips 21, Nittaku Moristo SP and Dr. Neubauer Pistol. In compare with all of those rubber, Tyranno is the best according to my experience. I used Tyranno on by backhand for around 6 months and then i change it to forehand after i decide to use Super Hybrid Blade "TSP Barricio". There are many benefits with using this short pips on your backhand:
1. It can produce spin, with normal stroke close to the table.
2. Easy to receive short or long serve with your forehand stroke
3. The best short pips so far for hit and smash. This rubber can produce a unique effect to the ball if you hit or flick the ball. The ball will run low and produce a no spin ball. Your can clearly see how the ball will goes down to the net if your opponent not putting any spin when they return your hit or smash (passive block without spin movement).
But until now i still need to learn the touch feeling for my backhand stroke, especially if you facing these situation:
1. Your opponent is a chopper and put the ball far from the table (long chop, especially with long pips rubber)
2. Long spin (timing when hitting the ball is a crucial thing)
3. Long serve with sidespin (long return and don't put any spin on the ball.